The word Solstice literally means “sun stands still.” On June 21st, the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, the sun will appear to stand still as reaches its peak in the sky.
With such a dramatic flare, is it’s not surprising why Ancient European cultures understood magic to be strongest during the Summer Solstice.
This auspicious day has been universally celebrated across generations and cultures with feasts, bonfires, picnics and song.
For a beautiful summer solstice ritual of your own, we recommend selecting three or more of the following practices and then combining them into a beautiful ceremony to honor the sun with reverence and intention.
- Host a potluck
- Set up a crystal grid
- Gather around a fire with friends
- Go out dancing
- Have a picnic
- Write in your journal
- Take a community yoga class
- Have coffee/tea with a friend
- Pull tarot or oracle cards
- Review your new year's intentions to celebrate your progress and possibilities
- Have a fire ceremony to release the old and welcome the new
- Join a song circle or invite your friends to karaoke
- Frolic in nature
- Watch the sunset
- Sleep under the stars
We’ve packed our June Goddess Provisions Box (SOLD OUT) with incredible Solstice supplies including this Wish Kit from Flying Wish Paper that you can use for a mini fire ritual to let go of the past, set intentions and welcome new possibilities.
For more goddess goodies like these, subscribe to our monthly Goddess Provisions box.