Facial rollers are marvelous beauty tools that have been used in China for centuries.
The many benefits of facial rolling include:
Traditionally, Jade facial rollers were used because of jade's non-porous nature which makes it hygienic and perfect to use on your face. Metaphysically, jade is known as a protective stone that can boost self-confidence and support the body’s detoxing systems including the kidneys, spleen and adrenal glands.
Altneratively, Rose Quartz is know as the stone of unconditional love, joy, emotional healing and peace. It was prized in the ancient world for its powers of physical beautification, specifically reducing the appearance of wrinkles and promoting clear skin and a soft complexion. You can find a Rose Quartz facial roller in our December Crystal Wisdom Box.
STEP BY STEP: HOW TO USE A FACIAL ROLLER
- Before you begin rolling, make sure your skin is freshly cleansed and apply your favorite face oil or hydrating serum.
- Start at the base of your neck and roll upwards, working against gravity.
- Once you've completed this on your neck, roll from your jawline up towards the middle of your cheeks.
- Then, from the middle of your chin make broad strokes with the roller out towards your ear, where the lymph drains from your face.
- Continue with the broad strokes and gradually move up your face, over your lips, under your nose and from the bridge of your nose out to your ear using the small end of the roller to get the sensitive skin under your eyes and eyebrows.
- When you get to your forehead, use the large end of the jade facial roller to roll from your eyebrows up to your hairline.
- Finish by rolling from the middle of the forehead out towards the temples.
+ BONUS TIPS
WATCH HOW IT'S DONE
For more goddess goodies like this, subscribe to our monthly Goddess Provisions box. We can't wait to share what's coming up next!