All across the world, ancient cultures have used bathing rituals to cleanse away psychic tension and refresh the spirit.
Water is sacred.
Soft and fluid yet profoundly strong. It has been called the universal solvent because it dissolves more substances than any other liquid making it the perfect medium to deliver minerals, essential oils and herbs into the body and to dissolve and wash away impurities.
"Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it." Lao Tzu
As we know from Dr Masaru Emoto’s water experiments, water can also be programmed with the resonance of words, thoughts, sounds and intentions.
Using the vibrational power of water infused with plants, crystals, essential oils, flower essences, sacred incense, prayers and intention, a spiritual bath ritual can be performed to purify the aura and to set intentions.
Follow these simple steps to cleanse your aura and refresh your spirit.
1. Give your bathroom a deep clean wiping down all surfaces in preparation for your purification ritual. As the teaching goes, “Cleanliness is next to godliness.”
2. Take a shower to cleanse your entire body including your head and hair. You may even choose to do a sugar or salt scrub to really exfoliate your skin before your bath. (Wipe down your tub again so it’s a clean slate before you pour your bath water.)
3. Gather your favorite ritual supplies that will support your spiritual intention.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Epsom Salts
- Sea Salt
- Essential Oils
- Flower Essences
- Citrus Slices
- Flowers/flower petals and herbs
Do some research to learn which tools will enhance the desired energies or intuitively feel into what your spirit is calling for.
- Amethyst activates the third eye and crown chakras for deep introspection, higher awareness and clarity.
- Lavender relaxes the physical body and boosts wisdom and self-expression.
- Amber supports meditation, healing, purification, and emotional balance.
In our February Amethyst Aura Box we've included this beautiful Bath Soak from Wild Yonder Botanicals as well as an Inner Gaze Amethyst Pyramid that will support a deeply meditative bathing experience.
5. Run your bath water. As the tub begins to fill, take three deep breaths and connect with your intention.
6. Hold your intention in your heart and intuitively start adding your energetic ingredients. Envision the water molecules forming in support of your intention.
7. When you’re ready to, sink into your bath and feel the water on your skin. Notice the water on the outside of your body. Then connect with the water on the inside of your body. Now envision all water molecules, inside and out, harmonizing in resonance with your intention. Let that vision wash over you. Stay in this meditation for 10 minutes or longer.
8. Once you’re ready to complete your bathing ritual, carefully step out of the bath and release the drain. Watch the water empty out of the tub carrying away all that you’ve released.